Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Ask the Specialist

Purchasing a Property Renting Outbuildings

on Monday, 09 January 2017 21:07.


We are in the process of purchasing a house that has a summer house at the bottom of the garden. The current owner is renting the house together with the summer house at the moment. Nationwide have just informed us that though we are purchasing the house for us to live in, we will not be able to continue to let out the summer house independently moving forward. We would ideally like to do this. Can you lend in these circumstances or is there a lender out there that will?



Mortgage With 6 Late Payments

on Thursday, 05 January 2017 09:55.


I need a mortgage of about £110,000. I work and have a deposit, however, I fear banks will turn me down as I have 6 late payments on my credit file, which is no fault of my own and taking action with it, it need a mortgage in place ASAP, could you help with my matter?


Remortgage While Working in Cayman Islands

on Monday, 19 December 2016 20:33.

Hi there,

I need to re-mortgage my property in the UK. I live and work in the Cayman Islands and rent the house in the UK out to some tenants. Does this sound like something you can help with? Drew

Poor Credit During Divorce

on Thursday, 15 December 2016 18:05.


I have poor credit. I currently have a house worth £350,000 with circa £200,000 equity and wish to buy out my husband. He has no income all income is mine and is just over £30,000. Can you help? 


Guarantor Mortgage for Student Brother

on Thursday, 17 November 2016 20:41.

Hi, I have property (value at £380K) in U.K., and annual gross salary of £ 55K with an international organisation where I work since 2008. Can I use myself and my own property as guarantor for my younger brother's mortgage?

My brother is buying a one-bed room flat in London whilst he will be studying his PhD Degree in university, he is currently running a company registered in China.

Thank you for your help


Expat in Dubai

on Wednesday, 23 November 2016 19:48.


I am currently living in Dubai and would be very interested in some information regarding purchasing a property in Wales, interest rates, LTV etc.

Thanks. Timothy

Purchase Property with Mother but have a CCJ

on Wednesday, 02 November 2016 12:30.


My husband and i are both 52 years old and want to buy a property for about £425,000. My mother is selling her home to move in with us and will be putting in 200k deposit. The problem is my husband only has 2 years accounts and also has a CCJ showing on his credit file, which was satisfied last August, he also has a small default which he is paying off at £20 pm. We also have debts totalling approx £25k but mum said she would clear them and reduce the deposit to £175k Would we be able to get a mortgage ? 

Thanks for your help. 



Foreign National looking to buy a home

on Monday, 07 November 2016 09:12.


I am a Pakistani National, can i get a mortgage to buy a home?

Thanks, Mohsin

Recent County Court Judgements and Defaults

on Tuesday, 18 October 2016 22:13.


I have 4 recent CCJs on my credit report and defaults so cannot apply for a mortgage myself at least for the next 3 years (apparently). I was wondering whether there are any other options available to me? My Mum is willing to lend me a 20% deposit and be a guarantor if possible, she owns her home (no mortgage) Other options would be equity from her house or possibly buying her house from her but then because I cannot get a mortgage would she be able to remortgage and me take the debt over? So many questions! Thanks, Stephanie

Non Standard Construction Council Flat

on Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:37.


I am looking to purchase my Council Flat through Haringey Council. The problem is that it's a concrete block building but not a high rise. It's a 2 bedroom second floor flat. Are there lenders out there for that type of property ? I am looking for a 50k mortgage.

I'm hoping that you could help. Maria