Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

House with Annex and Outbuildings

on 02 March 2016.

We own a house, self catering annex, shepherds huts and caravan site - can we get an interest only mortgage. I have 75k salary / pension. Better half 18k. Turnover of business 25k. Thanks, Bob

Ask the Specialist response:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Typically we assist many clients in similar situations who are looking for a mortgage on a property which they reside in, however, have outbuildings which they use for commercial activity. This is a challenge in the mortgage market, especially if pensions are involved, however, as long as 40% of the overall land space is used  personally this is something we can consider. 

If you wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune