Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Expat Looking to Repatriate to UK

on 08 April 2016.

We live in Brittany and want to buy a UK property with a mortgage while we have our French home up for sale, waiting for a buyer. We would be prepared to move back to live in our UK house even though we have lived permanently in France since 2003 . I am 73 and my wife 69. Hope that you can help. David

Ask the Specialist response:

Hi David

Thanks for your enquiry.

Your situation is not unusual to Capital Fortune, typically assisting a number of expats returning to the UK who are retired and are looking to repatriate for a number of reasons. As the French property market has been difficult over the last few years, we have history in assisting clients as long as they have some capital for a deposit, purchase a property in the UK prior to their French property selling. We can then arrange a flexible mortgage, enabling them to reduce their mortgage debt once the property overseas has sold.

It is important in this scenario that maintaining both properties is suitable and affordable for the duration of the mortgage term.

If you wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune