Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Mortgage for Timber Framed House

on 07 September 2016.

Hello, we live in a timber framed house, no mortgage and wish to remortgage a small amount for home improvements. I have heard some banks/ building societies do not loan on timber framed properties...are you able to help? Clive

Ask the Specialist response:

Hi Clive,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Although it can often be challenging, we typically assist clients looking to raise money on properties which are both timber framed and/or timber clad. 

You are right from what you have heard. The majority of banks and building societies in the UK do not lend on properties of this nature, however, having assisted many of these properties before, we may be in a position to potentially point you in the direction of a small handful of lenders who assist in this circumstance.

If you just wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune