Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Mortgage When Paid in Chinese Currency

on 10 May 2017.


I am living in the UK and having two incomes, one is in Sterling from a UK company, other is in Renminbi from a Chinese company, can they be counted as my total income if I apply a residential mortgage for a UK property?

Thanks, Liu

Ask the Specialist response:

HI Liu

Thanks for your enquiry.

Capital Fortune have successfully assisted UK residents who are paid in foreign currencies. Many lenders will not accept applicants not paid in sterling, and a large proportion of those that do will take 'haircute' for foreign currency fluctuation purposes. 

If you a British national applying from the UK, we may be able to assist with as little as a 10% deposit, however, if you hold an international passport, deposits are typically higher.

If you just wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune