Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Primary School Teacher abroad looking to buy UK property

on 23 April 2016.

Hello, I am a primary school teacher that is currently teaching internationally in order to save money for a deposit for a property in London. I have a sizeable deposit now of 60k and I am interested in buying a property with the view of living in it when I return to London in the next 2-3 years. I am 33 years old with no debts outstanding. What are my options? I would appreciate any info or help possible. Thank you. Shannon.

Ask the Specialist response:

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Your situation isn't unusual for us to hear, as we typically assist client working aborad, often paid in a foreign currency, looking to purchase a UK base. We assist teachers working in various schools worldwide often teaching under the British curriculum or the International Baccalaureate. The amount of borrowing is often determined by both your income and outgoing both in the UK and abroad. 

If you just wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune