Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Expat Returned from Australia

on 28 February 2017.


I have just returned from 7 years in Australia (returned Nov 2016). We are currently staying with my in-laws. I am purchasing a house for £250,000 and paying cash (problems getting mortgage). I would like to raise a £50,000 mortgage on the property for home improvements etc. I am in full time employment earning £50,000 plus bonus. My DOB is 02/02/1957. Are you able to offer a mortgage?


Ask the Specialist response:

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Capital Fortune have successfully assisted many clients in similar situations. In fact, had you have got in contact with us prior to this property purchase we could have assisted at that stage. 

As you would have returned from a long time in Australia, you would have likely lost any credit footprint in the UK, and this can take time to build up again. Capital Fortune assist clients from our comprehensive panel of lenders who have the ability to look at the pros of your situation, as well as the cons whilst arriving at a common sense solution.

If you just wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune