Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Remortgage While Working in Cayman Islands

on 19 December 2016.

Hi there,

I need to re-mortgage my property in the UK. I live and work in the Cayman Islands and rent the house in the UK out to some tenants. Does this sound like something you can help with? Drew

Ask the Specialist response:

Hi Drew

Thanks getting in touch.

We typically assist a number of UK expats looking to purchase or remortgage property in the UK when living and working in the Cayman Islands. We work with lenders who appreciate the advantages of working in a tax haven such as the Cayman Islands, particularly assisting a number of accountants and lawyers who work within the Islands. 

It should be noted that there are fewer lenders who are able to assist being based in the Cayman Islands rather than being based in the US or European Union, however, although not spoilt for choice, it is likely that there will be no premium that is paid on the interest rate as a result.

If you just wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune