Ask the Specialist

Capital Fortune are asked to help clients on a daily basis, whether it be with a new purchase, remortgage, buy to let or something more unusual. We typically help clients with non-standard, unusual or complex situations and have created this section to allow you to ask our team of specialists any question you may have. Feel free to browse the list of questions and responses. Please note we provide information only in response to the questions posed and not advice. If you do seek advice then feel free to speak to one of our Advisers by calling 0207 710 0400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

British Expat in South Asia

on 04 October 2017.


I am a British citizen with a property in London, which is currently on rent. I have moved to Pakistan for a couple of years for a good job opportunity. My house is currently on a residential mortgage on SVR. I am looking to remortgage my property on a buy-to-let product. I pay taxes and get paid in local currency in Pakistan. If there are any competitive remortgage deals available for British Expats/ non-residents, I'd be keen to explore these ASAP. Many thanks


Ask the Specialist response:

Hi Shahzeb

Thanks for your email to us.

We have successfully assisted British expats based in Pakistan before. It is traditionally more difficult to assist expats in the Asian Sub Continent due to various rules and regulations, however, if you work for a multi national company which has a European headquarters we may well be in a position to assist.

If you just wish to obtain an indication on whether we are able to assist you, given your specific circumstances, I'd recommend speaking to one of our Advisers on 02077100400 or send us an enquiry online and one of our Advisers will call you back.

Capital Fortune